Welcome to Food and Impressions

I hope you can find some hints and tips that will save you some time, time that I spent doing something I like: searching, reading, crossing, selecting and finally, I hope, one day, trying.

Sunday, 24 October 2010

Tayyabs: Indian/Pakistani restaurant in London

Tayyabs


Indian/Pakistani

London Eater, 18 May ’09: naan bread, Mix Grill, tinda masala, Karachi Chicken, Karahi Bindi (Okra). “Tayyabs is very good indeed”. “I walked in thinking I knew what Curry and Tikka should taste like, but Tayyabs has redefined my view of Indian/Pakistani cuisine”.

a rather unusual chinaman, 31 May ’09:  the Mixed Grill (seek kebabs, chicken tikka and probably the most amazing lamb chops I have ever had), lamb curry, chicken Tikka Masala, Tarka Dal, Okra and Saag Aloo (not oily everything was good), Nan bread (delicious, thin and crispy). “The food was very good and I will be dreaming about those lamb chops for a long time to come. Service may not have been fantastic but is no worse than you would expect from any high street restaurant. Biggest surprise of the evening, the bill. It came to just over a tenner a head and considering the amount of food we ate, this was an absolute steal. Great value, great food and even the dogs outside hadn’t left a scrap on the bones they were chewing”.

Tamarind and Thyme, 21 Mar ’09:  lamb chop was tough though with a good spicy marinade. The chicken tikka was dry and forgettable but the seekh kebabs were excellent, legs of lamb was ever so tender I loved it it had a very spicy yet fresh spice paste with every bite this was the best thing, Bindi (okra) was quite nice, excellent naans. “To me though, while the food is generally good, I don’t think it lives up to the hype of being the best Indian food in London”.

from http://tayyabs.co.uk
83-89 Fieldgate St.
London E1 1JU
Tel: 020 7247 6400

Reservation 020 7247 9543

Opening Hours: 
Mon – Sun 12:00 - 24:00
Tube: Aldgate East, Whitechapel


Google Maps


No comments:

Post a Comment